APA Paper specifics
· Reminder to not self-plagiarize/ plagiarize as this results in failure of the course
***Late papers will not be accepted***
· Must follow APA 7th guidelines . Some helpful sources: The handout on D2L, APA manual, and https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
· If there are no in-text citations throughout the entire paper you will receive a zero for the assignment and possibly subject to Academic Misconduct. If you do not have a references page you will receive a zero for the assignment and possibly subject to Academic Misconduct.
· Title page + 3 FULL pages of content+ References page = 5 pages total
-Abstract not required and does not count towards the minimum 3 full pages
-For each page short of 3 full pages, there will be a deduction of 20 points (Half a page short results in 10 point reduction).
· At least 4 sources and 2 must be scholarly references such as journals, books, and similar sources other than websites. These 2 scholarly references may be online format.
· 12 font, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins
· This is an academic paper, Do not write in first person (I, me, we, etc.), rather write your paper in third person (he, she, they, the researcher, etc.)
· Save in a .doc or .docx file format and upload into the D2L dropbox
· Try to summarize and paraphrase more than direct quotes. (In other words, avoid excessive direct quotations in your paper)
· Limit to 1 block quote (block quote is a direct quote of more than 40 words)
· Do not use Wikipedia or blogs as sources
· Keep your Turnitin score UNDER 20%, you may submit several papers until you revise it enough to get it under this percentage. I will be grading the latest submission only.
· Do not simply cite NTSB accidents throughout your paper. You may integrate relevant accidents/incidents by summarizing the key points and tying it into your paper.
· The University Writing Center (UWC) is located in James E. Walker Library, Room 362 Call 904.8237
Aviation Weather Research Paper
1). Find an aviation weather-related paper topic that you find interesting. This is to be a research paper that follows APA format, not an opinion paper. The following are the three areas that need to be addressed: 1) Discussion of weather phenomenon, 2). Related accident and/or incidents, and 3). Types of weather avoidance, weather charts available, etc. The specifics of the paper is on D2L labeled “paper specifics”.
2). For APA help, I have posted some helpful information on D2L.
3). Once you have determined your paper topic, look for research in this area. Go to the library website and browse through online journals, magazines, books, etc. Do not use obscure websites, pilot forums, and other unreliable sources. I advise saving any articles you find to your flash drive or your email, dropbox account, etc. I find using Google scholar and then going to the library website and finding the article with the journal locater is very helpful. If you are not familiar with the library website, there are several useful tools and guides to help you. Take the initiative and learn how to navigate the site and find research. For the airplane accident/incident research, go to www.ntsb.gov and click on the aviation accident database link.