|I. PATIENT –CENTERED CARE|
|Definition: Recognize the patient or designee as the source of control and full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for patient’ preferences, values, and needs.|
|Select one of the following statements to discuss Patient-Centered Care:
1. Describe how diverse cultural, ethnic and social background function as sources of patient family, and community values.
2. Describe how you demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the concepts of pain and suffering, including physiologic models of pain and comfort?
3. Describe strategies to empower patients or families in all aspects of the health care process.
|II. TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION|
|Definition: Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.|
|Select one of the following statements to discuss Teamwork and Collaboration:
4. Describe own strengths, limitations, and values in functioning as a member of a team.
5. Recognize contributions of other individuals and groups in helping patient/family achieve health goals.
6. Describe examples of the impact of team functioning on safety and quality of care.
|III. EVIDENCED-BASED PRACTICE (EBP)|
|Definition: Integrate best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient/family preferences and values for delivery of optimal health care.|
|Select one of the following statements to discuss Evidenced-based practice :
7. Base individualized care plan on patient values, clinical expertise and evidence.
8. Question rationale for routine approaches to care that result in less-than-desired outcomes or adverse events.
9. Differentiate clinical opinion from research and evidence summaries.
|IV. QUALITY IMPROVEMENT (QI)|
|Definition: Use data to monitor the outcomes of care processes and use improvement methods to design and est changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care systems.|
|Select one of the following statements to discuss Quality Improvement:
10. Describe approaches for changing processes of care.
11. Appreciate that continuous quality improvement is an essential part of the daily work of all health professionals.
12. Recognize that nursing and other health professions students are parts of systems of care and care processes that affect outcomes for patients and families.
|Definition: Minimizes risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.|
|Select one of the following statements to discuss Safety:
13. Value own role in preventing errors.
14. Describe the benefits and limitations of selected safety-enhancing technologies (such as, barcodes, computer provider order entry, medication pumps, and automatic alerts/alarms.)
15. Discuss effective strategies to reduce reliance on memory.
|Definition: Use information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making.|
|Select one of the following statements to discuss Informatics :
16. Explain why information and technology skills are essential for safe patient care.
17. Appreciate the necessity for all health professionals to seek lifelong, continuous learning of information technology skills.
18. Describe examples of how technology and information management are related to the quality and safety of patient care.