In this assignment, you will be presenting your public health outreach campaign plan (PowerPoint presentation) of your choice to a group of community leaders and the leadership from the organization you would like to partner.
You may use Microsoft PowerPoint or any other suitable software to create your presentation slides. Note: If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in this activity, please contact Disability Services to request accommodations.
The numbered requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your presentation addresses each point. You may also want to read the Public Health Outreach Campaign Plan Scoring Guide to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
Your presentation should include the following:
· Provide historical context of the selected health issue as it applies to the health literacy of the targeted population.
· Consider briefly reviewing data from the initial discovery of the health issue and how it has been dealt with across time. (This may involve a review of information prior to the 20th century as many diseases were discovered in the 19th century with continual change to their methods of treatment and preventative strategies. This may also require citation of references over 5–10 years of age. These are known as historical references and they should never make up more than 10% of the total reference page.)
· Create a statement of need that presents facts and evidence to support the outreach.
· Your statement of need should include recognizing the population, the health issue being targeted, and the outreach. This should be brief and to the point.
· Explain the plan to collaborate with the advocacy organization.
· Explain why this group is suitable and how you will collaborate with them (e-mails, blogs, meeting face-to-face with populations as participants of their health prevention initiatives).
· Describe the contribution of the chosen organization and how this will aid in the presentation of the social media campaign.
· Be specific in what you will bring to the table and how it will help both the population as well as the organization you are working with.
· Write concisely but provide enough detail to illustrate your points without being “wordy”.
· Summarize the selected theoretical program planning model for an outreach campaign.
· Why is this program planning model the most effective for the population?
· Include the health promotion intervention strategy.
· Describe the advocacy strategies selected to meet the needs of the selected population.
· How will information be disseminated?
· How will targeted populations be challenged in regard to utilization of health literacy message (illiterate, blind, deaf, et cetera)?
· How will you compensate so that all participants of the population can receive the message through social outlets that are readily available to them?
· Recommend the appropriate social media or other outreach tools for the health issue based on the following:
· Demographic information
· Availability to population of social media outlets.
· Include the rationale for selection(s). (For example, Instagram vs. Facebook.)
· Summarize desired outcomes of proposed outreach campaign.
· You may use Microsoft PowerPoint or any other suitable presentation software to create your slides. Use the speaker’s notes section of each slide to develop your talking points and cite your sources, as appropriate.
· If you need help designing your presentation, you are encouraged to review the various presentation resources provided for this assessment. These resources will help you to design an effective presentation, whether you choose to use PowerPoint or other presentation design software.
For links and tutorials on using PowerPoint effectively, refer to the Microsoft Office Tutorials link in Resources.
Note: If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in this activity, please contact Disability Services to request accommodations.
· Your slide deck should consist of 8–10 slides, not including a title slide and a references slide.
· The length of your presentation should be 5–7 minutes.
· Cite 3–5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence to support your presentation. List your sources on the references slide at the end of your presentation.
· In addition to your slide deck and a link to your video, submit any other relevant documentation or links for this assignment if you using technology other than Kaltura Media or PowerPoint.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.