Requirements for the Corporate Computing Function
Format MLA Volume of 3 pages (825 words) Discipline Information Technology Description
Assignment type : Case Study
• Your new corporate CIO has devised a nine-point mission statement for the company. As one of the operations managers in the department, you have received a memo on the new policy and an associated task. The CIO wants to address the new strategy in a three-phase rollout plan and wants your feedback on LAN and MAN technology. Refer to Table 3.1 Below for the nine points of the mission statement.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. From Table 3.1, speculate why the fifth point, “Meet information requirements of management”, is in the CIO’s list of nine (9) points.
2. Imagine only three (3) points are to be rolled out in the first phase. Evaluate each point to determine the most important three (3) for the initial rollout phase.
3. Recommend one (1) additional point the CIO should include in order to ensure the topic of security is addressed in the mission statement. Explain your rationale for the inclusion.
4. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the needs of communication networks in a business environment.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in communication networks.
• Write clearly and concisely about communication networks using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
Table 3.1 Requirement for the corporate computing function
1. Provide computing capability to all organizational units that legitimately require it.
2. Contain the capital and operations cost in provision of computing services within the organization.
3. Satisfy special computing needs of user departments
4. Maintain organizational integrity in operations that are dependent on computing (i.e avoid mismatches in operation among departments).
5. Meet information requirements of management
6. Provide computing services in a reliable, professional, and technically competent manner
7. Allow organizational units sufficient autonomy in the conduct of their tasks to optimize creativity and performance at the unit level.
8. Preserve autonomy among organizational units and, if possible increase their importance and influence within the larger organization
9. Make the work of employees enjoyable as well as productive
Volume of 3 pages (825 words)
Discipline Information Technology