Format APA Volume of 6 pages (1650 words) Description ANA Standards of Practice: 20 standard applies to this role (5 points each, 10 points total). • Follows all APA rules for formatting written papers
Assignment type : Other types
Write your personal nursing philosophy. Incorporate the following into your narrative:
• Your values, passion, goals for
nursing, what nursing is, what it
means to you, etc.
• Discuss how one or more of the ANA
Standards of Performance 7-16 fit in with your philosophy (must cite one or more of the Standards from the appendix in Hood)
Written in first person. Word count: 100-150 words
In 2-3 sentences, state which chronic disease (1 point) you will apply to a patient in a particular setting (acute, chronic or community) (1 point)
Note: description of disease process is not required
Using the ANA Standards of Practice, 1- 6, answer the following for each standard:
• Cite the meaning of each standard
• Briefly explain what you would do
for a patient with this disease in this setting
Note: Regarding Implementation standard, do not include content for 5A, 5B, 5C, and 5D.
Each standard is worth 3 points
Scholarly articles citing content about the disease process or NANDA nursing diagnosis do not count as part of the required three scholarly articles.
5-year nursing career plan:
Construct your 5-year nursing career plan following your completion of the BSN program.
Describe the steps you will take to accomplish your goal. In addition to sharing a possible plan for earning a master’s degree or other continuing education, your plan must include other actions you will take to reach your goal.
Professional Nurse Role:
Looking at the different roles of the professional nurse, select one that you hope to attain in your career or one you are curious about.
• Define the role (2 points) Describe (not just list them) five (5) skills required for this role (8 points)
• Describe two (2) strengths that you currently have to support this role. Share examples of strengths (4 points each, total 8 points).
Identify one (1) area in which you need to improve. Briefly what actions you will take to improve weakness (2 points)
• Identify two (2) Standards of ANA Performance that you believe are important elements to this role. Discuss how/why each
• Summarize what you have learned about this role. Share why this role fits in with your philosophy or career goals. Refer to some of content from each of the previous role sections that stood out to you (10 points)
This is not a summary of the entire role, do not simply repeat content from previous sections. Do not share new scholarly info in this section.
The summary should be written in first person since it’s what you learned from researching the role.
Note: each of these role sections should have similar depth and detail, they are all worth the same amount of points.
Answer the following:
1. Briefly explain how the ANA standards influenced your understanding of professional nursing (2 points)
2. Discuss how your decision-making and thinking has changed as a result of learning more about the Standards. Share an example of how your practice has changed (3 points)
Reflections do not include cited content.
The conclusion should be written in first person since this is a reflection narrative.
APA and Organization
• Academic and scholarly tone is used, avoidance of slang and colloquial expressions
• Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar
• Content is shared in the order of the grading rubric
• Content is clear using multiple levels of headings and/or seriation to organize content
• Written in first and third person only References and citations
• APA formatting rules applied
• In-text citations and all references are
• Retrieval information is provided for
journal and web-based references
• All citations appear on reference list
and all references are cited in
• Course textbook is cited
• Includes at least three scholarly
articles from peer-reviewed journals (within 5 years) related to the concepts of the paper. Other articles, such as disease process or nursing interventions, can be cited, though do not count towards this requirement
• Maintains word and page count min/max.
Volume of 6 pages (1650 words)
ANA Standards of Practice:
standard applies to this role (5 points each, 10 points total).
• Follows all APA rules for formatting written papers